HostForLIFE.eu has been in the web hosting industry for over a decade. Although some of their competitors are much older than them, HostForLIE.eu has acquired a lot of fans all over the world. They are known for their feature-rich and affordable ASP.NET hosting service.
You can host almost any type of websites with them whether it’s a website or a blog, there’s no problem with it. And, if you are thinking to host ASP.NET website, you can definitely use HostForLIFE.eu. If you are one of them who are thinking about using HostForLIFE.eu for your forum but couldn’t make up your mind yet, then you can read the rest of the post.
In this one, we will be sharing our opinions about HostForLIFE.eu and will let you know if HostForLIFE.eu is good for ASP.NET hosting or not. We believe that you will be able to make the final decision by the time you have read this post.
Is HostForLIFE.eu Good For ASP.NET Hosting?
Why you should use HostForLIFE.eu for ASP.NET hosting?
There are a lot of advantages to using HostForLIFE.eu to host your ASP.NET website. In this section, we will try to cover a few of them for you. So, let’s begin.
1. Support options
When vetting a website hosting solution, checking out the available support options is a must. If your website isn’t functioning as it should be, you’ll want help on deck as soon as possible – no matter what time of the day or night it is.
In terms of help and support, HostForLIFE.eu offers:
- A 24/7 support system.
- A detailed and comprehensive knowledgebase.
- Tutorials to help customers use HostForLIFE.eu more effectively.
When working on this HostForLIFE.eu review for ASP.NET, we tested out their support system. Overall, we found their team very quick to respond and highly knowledgeable about their hosting service and ASP.NET itself.
Website hosting companies typically make use of a number of collaborating technologies to optimize their performance levels, along with various server locations scattered throughout the world. So let’s get into the technical part of this HostForLIFE.eu review for ASP.NET and check out the technologies available with their hosting packages:
- SSD. Otherwise known as a “Solid State Drive,” this storage medium is faster than a Hard Disk Drive (HDD). HostForLIFE.eu offers this hardware on all its servers, to every customer.
- Supercacher. A HostForLIFE-specific feature, which speeds up ASP.NET via three different levels of caching.
- CDN. CDN is a system of servers that deliver webpages to users based on their geographic locations, increasing website speed. HostForLIFE.eu uses CloudFlare as its CDN of choice.
- HTTP/2. This is a major revision of the HTTP network protocol, which further improves website performance.
- ASP.NET Core. This is the newest version of ASP.NET, with further speed benefits, and can be selected from HostForLIFE.eu control panel if you wish to use it.
Finally, HostForLIFE’s servers can be found all over the Europe region. To be exact, in London, Amsterdam, Milan, Frankfurt, and Paris. That being said, the network is not huge, so you can experience lower performance if you’re catering to more remote audiences.
Now that we have discussed HostForLIFE’s performance in theory, it’s time to put it to the test in practice. In the next part of this HostForLIFE.eu review for ASP.NET, we’ll be using speed testing tools Pingdom and Load Impact to judge how well HostForLIFE.eu stands up.
Page speed tests with Pingdom
For this test, we ran our sandbox website through Pingdom three times for each of three different server locations. After tallying them up, the average times for each server were:
- London: 0.563 seconds
- Frankfurt: 0.645 seconds
- San Francisco: 1.190 seconds
Given how quickly users will abandon a page before it loads, these results look pretty good. It’s understandable that the further a server is from a user (as was the case with Melbourne), the longer the page will load – but in this instance HostForLIFE.eu has coped well.
Basic load testing with Load Impact
Load Impact gauges site speed by simulating around 25 concurrent users hitting the homepage over a five-minute period. The results of this test were:
- Load Generator: Portland, US
- Test Server: Portland, US
- Minimum Response Time: 0.738 seconds
- Maximum Response Time: 1.480 seconds
The results from Load Impact back up those from our Pingdom tests. Overall, HostForLIFE.eu has performed admirably – and regardless of your location, site speed shouldn’t be an issue.
Like other providers, HostForLIFE.eu offers several tiered pricing plans:
- Classic (€2.97 per month): As the name suggests, this package is ideal for startups and small businesses who wish to host a single website with fewer than 10,000 visitors per month.
- Budget (€4.67 per month): Great for larger organizations with multiple websites that may see up to 25,000 visitors per month.
- Economy (€6.80 per month): This plan is suited to large companies boasting websites with upwards of 100,000 monthly visits.
- Business (€9.34 per month): HostForLIFE’s most expensive plan is suited to large companies boasting websites with upwards of 200,000 monthly visits.
Overall pros and cons
After poring over the various elements of the company’s services in this HostForLIFE.eu review, let’s sum up our findings.
- Excellent set of ASP.NET-specific features.
- The technology used – including SSDs, CDNs and ASP.NET Core – is modern and highly reputable.
- Support options are plentiful, with knowledgeable staff on hand.
- Page speed was good, and load testing was equally comparable.
- Many datacenters location in Europe.
- For a good ASP.NET hosting solution, the pricing is competitive.
- We found the HostForLIFE.eu control panel rather basic looking – a redesign is certainly in order.
HostForLIFE.eu review for ASP.NET: Conclusion
Overall, HostForLIFE.eu is a stellar example of a good ASP.NET hosting solution.
It is brimming with ASP.NET-specific features, helpful support options, and competitive pricing. Its native SuperCaching feature in particular deserves praise, and coupled with its generally speedy page loading times across the board means we recommend HostForLIFE.eu for those requiring a solid host that can provide a super fast website.
And it’s not just us talking. Here are some user ratings of HostForLIFE.eu: